IMAGE DELIVERY QUESTIONS
Q: How are images delivered?
- A: Images are delivered on a custom wooden USB flash drive that is mailed to your home address. Images are sized at large (or print) resolution.
Q: Do you deliver every image you shoot?
- A: No, I eliminate duplicate images, test shots, missed focused shots, shots with bad expressions and other images that may dilute the overall product delivery. I only deliver the best photos.
Q: What does an editing/delivery timeline look like?
- A: I email a preview image from your session or wedding within 24 hours. A larger, extended preview of up to 10 images will be emailed within one week of the shoot/event. Please allow one month for engagement and portrait packages to be edited and mailed. Elopements and weddings take up to two months to be edited and mailed. Destination weddings may have different timelines due to travel.
Q: How many images do you typically deliver?
- A: I deliver at least 50 photos for portrait and engagement sessions, at least 100 photos for elopements, at least 200 photos for intimate weddings and at least 400 photos for all-day wedding coverage.
Q: What size can I print my photos up to with the full resolution images?
- A: You can print your photos up to 16×20 inches without any quality loss. In most cases, larger prints can be made but please consult with either me or a tech at your lab first.
Q: What rights do I have to the digital prints?
- A: You have the right to reprint images whenever you want. However, you may not sell your images for profit or publish your images without the written consent from Elizabeth Nihiser Photography.
Q: What professional print lab to your recommend for prints?
- A: Mpix.com has the highest quality photo prints but I also like Shutterfly.com and use their services for photo books and albums.
Q: Do you provide the RAW (unedited) files?
- A: I do not provide RAW (unedited) files because those images are an unfinished product.
Q: What if I lose my images?
- A: There is a $50 replacement fee for packages after the event has been archived.
Q: Do you touch up all the images in my package?
- A: Yes, every image is individually edited. I tweak color correction, exposure, clarity, sharpness, toning and clean up distractions. I also make all images into black and white copies.
Q: Do you also do Family Portraits, Senior Photos, Newborn Shoots, Head Shots or Event Coverage?
- A: Yes, I have experience in many areas of photography. Please check out my work at Apples + Oak Photography for more info.
Q: How do I reserve you for my date?
- A: To book a portrait or engagement session, I require a signed contract with the balance paid up front to hold the day. The fee is non-refundable but the session can be rescheduled due to bad weather or emergency. To book an elopement or wedding, I require a signed contract with a retainer fee of half the total balance. The other half is due no later than one month before the event.
Q: How long will you hold my date?
- A: To officially hold a day, I require a signed contract with a deposit. I will not hold dates until I have received both the contract and deposit.
Q: Are there any travel fees associated with your services?
- A: No travel fees are charged within the Hocking Hills region (locations 30 minutes from my home in Logan, Ohio). However, for locations 30 or more minutes from my home, I may charge a travel fee of $25-$75. Please check with me for a travel fee quote for your specific locaiton.
Q: When do you recommend scheduling an engagement session?
- A: In general, the best light is an hour before sunset.
Q: What locations in the Hocking Hills do you recommend?
- A: Old Man’s Cave, Conkles Hollow and Lake Logan are a couple of my favorite locations for portrait sessions, engagement sessions and elopements.
Q: What types of payment do you accept?
- A: I will send you an online invoice that can be paid using credit card, debit or Paypal.
Q: What is your photography style?
- A: I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography with an emphasis in Art History, Theory and Alternative Processes. During and after college, I worked as a photojournalist for news publications. My photography style combines these two fields. I love using natural lighting, unique compositions, genuine storytelling, and artistic image processing to capture your engagement, elopement or wedding.
Q: How do I set up an appointment to meet you in person and see some of your work?
- A: You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call/text 740.270.9246 (I do not return phone calls that don’t leave voicemails) or click here.
Q: We won’t be able to meet you before the wedding. Are there any other options?
- A: I would love to meet with you prior to your wedding. However, if you’re too busy or too far away, we can handle everything remotely.
Q: Do you photograph destination weddings?
- A: While I am based out of Ohio, I am available to serve clients all around the world. My destination wedding photography packages include the cost of travel and reasonable accommodations. Please contact me for more info on destination weddings by clicking here.
Q: Have you photographed at my venue before?
- A: I have photographed at many venues in the Hocking Hills region and Ohio, so there is a good chance that I have. However, if I have not, I will get to the venue early on the day of and perform a walk-through to scout out the best photography locations. I also do extensive online research prior to your wedding day.
Q: My venue is very dark. How do you handle these situations?
- A: My preference is for natural light and I shoot on a camera and lenses with great low-light performance. However, some situations require me to use additional lighting. In those cases, I generally will use an on-camera flash with either bounced light or a diffuser.
Q: I have downtime between events on my wedding day. Will I be charged for that downtime?
- A: For a variety of reasons, I charge for the time in between events.
Q: How many hours do you suggest we set aside for wedding day photos?
- A: Please set aside at least 1 hour for formal portraits and 1 hour for family portraits/wedding party photos.
Q: What happens if I go over the contracted amount of time?
- A: Once you’ve booked with me, I dedicate the entire day to your wedding. However, I understand that not everything goes as planned during a wedding. If it looks like the schedule is running late, I will discuss with you some options. If you decide to keep me later than the contracted time, I will send an invoice for the agreed-upon amount within 24 hours of the event. The invoice will need to be paid within 48 hours of receipt.
Q: Do you offer packages with a second shooter?
- A: Yes, my husband, Ryan Grundish, serves as a second shooter at Elizabeth Nihiser Photography. He comes from a visual communication background and has a great eye for detail. To see a sample of our teamwork, please check out Jackie + Holly’s Wedding.
Q: Do you offer flexibility with your wedding packages?
- A: Yes! Please get in touch to find out how I can work with your needs and budget.
Q: If we cancel the wedding, will we receive our retainer fee back?
- A: Unfortunately, no. Retainer fees are used to reserve your date. Once I’ve reserved your date, I do not accept new clients for your date.